sookee
04071987
NTU, NBS
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
*Post is going to be about the 7th Harry Potter book so obviously there'll be spoilers.
It felt like a part of my heart got chunked out when I read the last sentence of Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows. I mean, not because it was a sad ending ("All was well.") but because that'd be the last I would ever see from the Harry Potter book series. BOO HOO! Well unless JK Rowling decides to go against her words and write another eighth book, which I highly doubt so. Best is she can start another book series haha and she should cuz she's such an amazing storyteller!
There were 3 parts which had me tears welling up in my eyes- Dobby's death, Fred's death and the Truth about Snape.
Dobby the HouseFree Elf. Ever so hilarious with his weird antics and upside-down fashion sense, he proved itself the most loyal elf in all the books. He died in Harry's name, shielding him from the knife thrown by evil Bellatrix. Ade told me she had a flash back of events that took place between Dobby and Harry all the way from Chamber of Secrets and she felt so sad. The most touching part of Dobby's death was when Harry didn't want to dig the grave magically, but chose to use a spade and do it manually. I don't think I can take it, digging the grave for my loved one. So can you imagine the anguish and devastation Harry was going through (even though he's just a fictional character)?
Fred's death came too suddenly and abruptly, so much so that I didn't have time to react. But MS said she didn't feel that sad cuz he was laughing before he died. Oh well, still, he died! Then what will happen to George?? It has been so wonderful to have Fred and George around, I think the books will not be as successful today if not for them. 'ear 'ear!
Lastly, our tragic hero- Severus Snape (I don't know his middle name). SNAPE! I was just waiting for him to turn out to be a villain, because a lot of people believed him to be on the good side. Of cuz, I did secretly wish so too. And true enough, rife speculations about Rowling making Snape the "tragic hero" proved to be correct. He died in Voldemort's hands, but even till the very last minute he was taking every chance to kill Nagini on Dumbledore's orders. And all those memories of him and Lily Evans! All of them were! Oh my, what a sweet, sad love Snape had for Lily. It was the pair of green eyes Harry had that made Snape switch from being a Death Eater to working for Dumbledore so as to protect him, Lily's son. And his Patronus was the same as Lily's, that of a doe. Tell me lah, how more bittersweet can his love for her be? So heart-wrenching, so... so twisted and sad. There's a part of his memories, where Dumbledore was inquiring Snape if he had came to care about Harry after all these years, and guess what's his answer? "Always", was his reply. ALWAYS! I'm so in love with Snape (although it still grosses me out a bit to be saying this).
The book ended with a "After Nineteen Years" epilogue, where Harry and Ginny had 2 boys and 1 girl, namely James, Albus and Lily. I loved his second son's name (same as Bena)- Albus Severus Potter. Haha! Ron and Hermione had a girl and a boy, Rose and Hugo. Yes, what's with their kids' names??
Anyway, it was a good old-fashion ending. Can't hope for any better x)
♥ 11:06 PM